Find out what's inside an Asset Drop Discovery Box!
March’s Discovery Drop Unboxed
March's Discovery Box was packed full of interesting paints and products, including an exclusive item. We started with acrylics from MR.PAINT, a modelling company from Slovakia, and picked a set of muted pink flesh c0lours which worked great for painting leathery wings, like those on a demon. To practice painting this technique, we designed Monster Wing Tile.
We then had a trio of products from Secret Weapon Miniatures - a metallic from their acrluics range. A bright and bold brass colour ideal for steampunk and fantasy themes. To add shadows for this colour, we had one of their sepia washes. Then we worked with Secret Weapon to create a unique pigment mix, using blues, oranges, blacks and reds to produce 'Heavy Smog' - a multi-tonal, dirty smog colour for weathering up your diorama.
Finally, to adhere the pigment to your miniatures, we featured Green Stuff World's acrylic fixer. This item is unique because it isn't enamel based like most fixers are, and does a sterling job! To practice using all these products, we designed a fun Steampunk Furance tile. To download the Painting Guide that accompanies this box, plus many others from past boxes, head to our our Patreon Channel.
If you like the sound of March's box, why not enjoy the surprise of receiving a box like this on your doorstep every month, and sign up to the Discovery box here.
Inside March’s Discovery Drop
March's Drop Contents:
- MR.PAINT, Red Shadow, £2.50
- MR.PAINT, Brown Shadow, £2.50
- MR.PAINT, Pink Fleshtone, £2.50
- Secret Weapon Wash, Dark Sepia, £3.45
- Secret Weapon Weathering Acrylic, Brass Casings, £4.45
- Secret Weapon Exclusive Pigment, Heavy Smog, £4.90
- Green Stuff World, Acrylic Pigment Fixer, £2.75
- Asset Drop Tutorial Tiles - Monster Wing, £3.00
- Asset Drop Tutorial Tiles - Steampunk Furnace, £3.00
MR.PAINT Monster Trio
Asset Drop Tutorial Tile
Secret Weapon trio
Green Stuff World Fixer
Asset Drop Tutorial Tile
March's Painting Guide
Subjects covered in the 16-side, full colour, glossy paper painting guide:
- Painting a monster wing effect
- Painting metalics with a wash for adding depth
- How to use pigments for weathering
Sign Up for the next Discovery Drop
Places on our Discovery subscription are always limited with only a few opening up each month. Sign up for the latest box, if it's available, by clicking the link below!
Once you sign up for a box, you will get a 15% discount in our store off products and past boxes.